Ruby Growth · Flexibility · Aims to Protect Capital
Crystal Ruby is designed for individuals who wish to keep their fund invested following retirement but allows access to these funds at any point in time, like a savings account.
Crystal Ruby offers unlimited freedom of choice, allowing a long term investment with ability to take income when it is required. Withdrawals are limited to one per calendar month, a minimum amount of £100.00 per withdrawal and the option to move to a monthly income at any time using Aqua, Jade or Onyx.
The benefit of keeping the funds invested in the Crystal Trust rather than a traditional savings account are:
- Investment is held before deduction of tax
- Investment growth is mainly tax free
Crystal Ruby will be invested in a mix of assets known as a Target Date Fund, which offers the potential for growth to protect income against inflation. The mix of assets (as detailed on the asset allocation pie chart) also spreads the risk across a number of investment classes and aims to grow the Fund, in a controlled manner, to allow for flexible withdrawals whilst retaining a benefit to be passed on to dependents.
Individuals can close down Crystal Ruby and switch to another option within Crystal or buy an annuity on the open market. There are no ties to Crystal Ruby and individuals can change their mind at any time.
Benefits of Crystal Ruby
- Pre-retirement communication, planning and guidance
- No rushed decision
- Option for a monthly income with the original investment controlled or maintained
- Continued ‘ownership’ of the Fund post retirement
- No long term ties
- Ad hoc payment advice via email
- All tax deductions made to HMRC
- Member Access Portal (MAP) for members to view the remaining Fund and payment history
- Ability to pass on benefits on death to a Directed Beneficiary in the form of an extended drawdown or a lump sum payment to the Estate (subject to tax)
It must be remembered, Crystal Ruby uses an investment linked product managed by AllianceBernstein and therefore, investments may go down as well as up. This could be as a result of the market going down or because investments do not perform as well as expected.
The Trustee monitor investment performance regularly and is supported by independent investment consultants and Crystal Operations. For further information about investment risk please click here
CLICK ABOVE TO VIEW RUBY ASSET ALLOCATION FOR A 65 YEAR OLD INVESTOR