Onyx Income · Growth · Flexibility · Aims to Protect Capital
Crystal Onyx is designed to maintain the level of the investment an individual makes at retirement and pay out a monthly income.
Funds will be invested in a mix of assets including 30% company shares and 70% bonds (as detailed on the asset allocation pie chart) which offers the potential for growth to protect your income against inflation. The mix of assets also spreads the risk across a number of funds and aims to manage the remaining Fund retaining the original value of the investment with a lower payout ratio than Jade.
Individuals can exit Crystal Onyx, switch to another option within Crystal or buy an annuity on the open market. There are no ties to Crystal Onyx and individuals can change their mind at any time.
Crystal Onyx income will be recalculated in April each year, with payments changing from July if applicable, taking into account the previous year’s investment performance and provide a monthly pay-out via the payroll on the last working day of each month following retirement.
Benefits of Crystal Onyx
- Pre-retirement communication, planning and guidance
- No rushed decision
- Option for a monthly income with the original investment controlled or maintained
- Continued ‘ownership’ of your Fund post retirement
- No long term ties
- Monthly payslips via email (only if the net payment changes by £1 on the previous month)
- All tax deductions made to HMRC
- Member Access Portal (MAP) for members to view the remaining Fund and payment history
- Ability to pass on benefits on death to a Directed Beneficiary in the form of an extended drawdown or a lump sum payment to the Estate (subject to tax)
It must be remembered, Crystal Onyx uses an investment linked product managed by AllianceBernstein and therefore, investments may go down as well as up. This could be as a result of the market going down or because investments do not perform as well as expected.
The Trustee monitor investment performance regularly and is supported by independent investment consultants and Crystal Operations. For further information about investment risk please click here.
Click above to view Onyx Asset Allocation for a 65 year old investor